Many organizations who consider themselves open and supportive of LGBTQIA+ people still unintentionally participate in thoughtless, discriminatory, or even oppressive practices in the day-to-day operation of their work. Making changes to be a more mindful, inclusive, and empowering place to work and seek services will help your organization.
- Creating a plan for how to define and talk about sexual and gender minority definitions as an organization
- Identifying steps you can take as an organization to become educated regarding queer history, issues, and challenges
- Recognizing how physical spaces, organizational systems, and staffing can all be more inclusive and LGBTQIA+ friendly
- Learning how to share power and privilege within your organization to create more equity within your structures
- Creating a plan for how you can get regular input from queer communities as to how welcoming and inclusive your services and employment are to sexual and gender minorities