May 5 - May 8, 2021
Our State Convention is going virtual in 2021!
We missed you all so much last year and we couldn’t go another year without seeing your faces. So, our planning team is excited to put together an interactive online event with a mix of recorded and live sessions, panel discussions, and fun activities.
No time to attend live? No worries! We will record all our sessions and you can watch them any time through June 30, 2021.
The 2021 Virtual State Convention begins in . . .
We hope to see you there!
Our 2021 Champion Sponsors!
We are grateful to all our sponsors this year whose generous support is allowing us to offer FREE registration to people with I/DD and their family members! Check out the rest of our sponsors and exhibitors at the Virtual Exhibit Hall.
Events begin at 9:30 am each day and the daily schedule allows ample time in between sessions to visit the Virtual Exhibit Hall, check emails, and take time for self-care throughout the day.
Wednesday | May 5
- Pre-recorded Sessions
- Behavior Specialist Network Event
- Live Town Hall with Legislative Representatives
Thursday| May 6
- General Session / Convention Kick-Off with Keynote by Alonzo Kelly
- Concurrent Sessions
- Self-Advocate Panel Discussion
Friday | May 7
- Seeds of Change Community Conversations
- Lilia Teninty, Director of Developmental Disabilities Services (ODDS)
- Concurrent Sessions
- Recordings of Live Sessions available
Saturday | May 8
- General Session with Awards Presentation and Keynote
- Local Chapter Round Table Discussions
- Annual Business Meeting of The Arc Oregon
Virtual events bring special considerations. Here are a few things to look for this year.
Virtual Town Hall
The R-Word Movie Screening
Convention attendees will have early access to on-demand viewing of The R-Word, a film by Amanda Lukoff that unravels the history and lasting effects of the R-word through the lens of the sibling experience.
Virtual Check-in Room
Our team is ready to welcome you, answer questions, and help you set up and troubleshoot any technology issues, so may fully enjoy and engage throughout the entire convention.
Virtual Exhibit Hall
This year our exhibitors will have dedicated online booths for you to visit, and may offer the opportunity to connect for one-on-conversations during or after the event.