Do you love connecting people with resources? Supporting a diverse population of persons experiencing disabilities to obtain supports and continue living in their own homes? Do you have social services experience and desire a position that would allow you to work remotely from beautiful Central Oregon? If so, please consider joining the amazing team at The Arc Oregon.
The Arc Oregon is seeking a Social Services Consultant and we’d love to meet you!
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Central Oregon or Eastern Oregon (remote)
WEBSITE: ERC Program
DEADLINE: Immediate Need – Reviewing on a rolling basis
The Arc Oregon, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established in 1954, promotes and defends the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes. Together with our staff, board of directors, and our network of affiliated chapters, volunteers, and members, The Arc Oregon provides statewide advocacy, programs, services, and training.
The Social Services Consultant provides free resources for people who are approved to receive in-home services through Medicaid or Oregon Project Independence. These resources are designed to promote successful working relationships between people with disabilities or their Authorized Representative and the people they employ to provide in-home supports. Social Services consultants work collaboratively to deliver consultation and training through our contract with the Oregon Home Care Commission.
This position is full-time, 40-hours per week, non-exempt.
- The assigned territory for this position is Central Oregon or Eastern Oregon.
- The majority of work is performed in the field from your home-based office.
- Occasional trips to our Salem administrative office will be required for staff and other meetings as needed.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position requirements.
- Work with the project manager to plan and carry out the delivery of ERC services to meet the requirements of the ERC contract with Oregon Home Care Commission (OHCC)
- Deliver ERC consultation and training services and provide backup for other program consultants as needed. This includes managing referrals and tracking services delivered in our ERC database.
- Develop and work to achieve short-and long-term goals and objectives to ensure successful outcomes for participants
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records on ERC participants for reporting purposes and in compliance with confidentiality standards as defined by project contract
- Assist the project manager and Executive Director in recruitment and selection of program staff and/or sub-contracts as needed
- Assist in the development of and engagement in a communication and outreach plan to effectively promote the program, gain support from and maintain relationships with community partners and stakeholders
- Collaborate with community partners and stakeholders to enhance opportunities for individuals and groups to benefit from ERC services and other programs and services of The Arc Oregon
- Complete monthly billing and quarterly reports for review and approval by project manager before submitting to OHCC
- Carefully plan and coordinate travel and delivery of services to maximize effective use of time and mitigate unnecessary expenses
The ideal candidate for this position will share a commitment to The Arc Oregon’s mission, exhibit a deep understanding and practice of person-centered thinking and supported decision making, and be diligent about providing the tools and education necessary for individuals to increase their own capacity for decision making and self-direction.
This position requires:
- Two years or more of experience providing direct care, training or consultation services for aging adults and people who experience disability; mental illness or intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Current driver’s license, liability insurance and a working vehicle for regional travel
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- An approved criminal history check is required
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary for this position is between $18 and $21 per hour, depending on experience and education.
Company benefits include:
- Medical & Vision insurance – 100% paid for employees
- Dental insurance – 100% paid for employees
- Retirement plan with 3% company contribution and additional 2% match
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Mileage reimbursement for work related travel
- Continuing education opportunities
Email your RESUME and COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure your resume clearly demonstrates the required combination of education and experience, AND submit a COVER LETTER describing:
- your experience in supporting people with IDD
- your knowledge of and experience using person-centered practices
- why you feel your education, experience, and skills are well-suited for this position